**We're sorry, but this class is sold out. If you'd like to be placed on the waiting list, please send an email to Kim@Kimmyquilt.com**
This is a two day class with renowned Handi Quilter international educator Mary Beth Krapil. The class is an all-day lecture/demo format, as Mary Beth feels that she can give students far more information using this format than she can in a hands-on class.
Classes will be held at the Best Western Premier Nicollet Inn at 14201 Nicollet Ave S in Burnsville, MN. The hotel is located in a safe, easy to find location just off 35W and 35E at County Road 42 in Burnsville. Students will have a 1.5 hour lunch break. There is a restaurant in the hotel, as well as dozens of restaurants in the area surrounding the hotel.
If you are traveling from out of town and are interested in booking a hotel room, please let us know as we have reserved a block of rooms for this event.
The class fee is for *both days* of class. Do not enroll twice! You simply need to register for the first day and you will automatically be enrolled in the second day as well at no additional cost.
Pro Stitcher Day 1 morning
Pro-Stitcher is an intuitive computer-guided quilting system designed especially for use with Handi Quilter longarm quilting machines. User-friendly and simple to operate, the step-by-step process for each function is easy and fun. Whether finishing your own quilts or considering a quilting business, come see the elegant and precise quilting you can accomplish with a Pro-Stitcher.
• Overview of support resources available on-line
• Overview of menu and basic functions and design catalog
• Fit a design to a block using Skew and Resize, XForm and Align
• Demonstration of the Pro-Stitcher Simulator
• Overview of Art & Stitch
Pro Stitcher Day 1 afternoon
This class of quilting applications is an extension of Part 1 and addresses specific functions and basic techniques a quilter will use on a regular basis to finish quilts with the HQ Pro-Stitcher. Tips and shortcuts for using features of the program are included.
• What’s the difference between Reposition, Nudge and Drag and Drop?
• The many ways to describe an Area on your quilt
• Using Skew 1 vs Skew 2
• Set up, crop, wrap and advance edge-to-edge designs
• Quilt straight lines the easy way with Move and Channel Locks
Pro Stitcher Day 2
PROGRESSIVE QUILTING WITH THE PRO-STITCHER
After you’ve mastered dropping block designs and quilting edge to edge with the Pro-Stitcher, you’re now ready to expand and strengthen your skills. This class focuses on in-depth aspects of specific functions of the Pro-Stitcher. Learn how to create continuous border and corner designs; easily digitize your own designs using the features under the Record menu; and quilt on-point designs and areas larger than the throat-space of your machine.
• Working with border and corner units
• Managing “wonky” borders and blocks
• Quilting areas larger than the throat-space of your machine
• Quilting on point designs, sashings and triangles
• Recording your own designs with Pro-Stitcher